Would you like to become a volunteer at the Garuda Aviary?
Currently, we are recruiting new volunteers to help our crew in the Garuda Aviary, our Lifelong Sanctuary for abused, neglected, and abandoned companion Parrots and other exotic Birds.
As a volunteer at the Garuda Aviary some of your duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Washing, cleaning, and replacing feed and water bowls (usually done in the Kitchen area of the Aviary)
- Cleaning the Aviary facility which may include sweeping, washing, taking out garbage, etc., as directed
- Washing and chopping the daily produce in the Kitchen and following all diagrams which list bowls by number and amounts of produce by weight.
- Helping our Director of Avian Care replace feed bowls into cages, as directed
- Running errands to get food, hardware, and other supplies as needed
- Working outside doing weeding, cleaning, or other outside maintenance as needed
Additionally, we offer ALL of our volunteers a safety orientation and volunteer guideline training.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Garuda Aviary, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send you our Volunteer Application and our Volunteer Safety Policies and Guidelines. For qualified applicants, we will hold a volunteer orientation and training session, and will inform you of the date as soon as we have it scheduled.
Thank you for your interest in the Garuda Aviary and we look forward to hearing from you!